9.06.2008

Dear Tropical Storm Hanna: I want my Saturday back!

I know I shouldn't complain about this storm. It sucks, but it could be so much worse! But we had outdoor plans all day today, and there aren't many Saturdays left before the dreaded winter begins. It is raining buckets and we are stuck inside with the windows closed against the wind and rain. It's like a steam bath outside and its about 110 degrees in here. Pleasant.

Our satellite went out hours ago and I was BORED. So bored that I decided to tackle some projects around the house. Very, very important projects.

Ever since RT saw the movie Juno he has been on this kick where he wears a wristband when he runs (like Paulie Bleeker), so we have several terrycloth wristbands lying around the house. Problem is they are small, and like hair elastics, scissors , and Hershey's Bars you can never find one when you need one. So, I took it upon myself to invent a solution to this very pressing problem:


(Disclaimer: This blog is in not endorsed by Puma... or anyone else for that matter.)

My solution: Velcro and clothes pins, stuck to the inside of the closet door. The whole thing cost about $1.50, so it is both classy and economical. Move over Martha! With an awesome wristband storage system like that, who cares if the rest of the closet looks like this:


(Good lord, my cell phone camera is pathetic! Someone please send a real camera!)

I suppose I could actually clean out the closet, but I think I'll bake some cookies. Or better yet, eat some raw cookie dough and call it a day. Priorities, people, priorities!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a great idea. I know Ikea would love to make one out of plastic to sell in their stores. You could make millions...or at the very least get a 6 month supply of sweedish meatballs. Think about it. What a deal!

Anonymous said...

Who asks someone to send them a camera?!